Thursday 20 March 2008

Warbling away


Wassily Kandinsky - "All Saints I"

Just in the middle of the second great choral offering this week on Performance on 3 . Yesterday it was Handel's Messiah . Today, Bach's Cantata No 21, Ich hatte viel Bekummernis, followed by Brahms' German Requiem. What bliss.

Luckily, I'm shut away in my office so it doesn't matter to anyone else that I'm indulging in a bit of singing along. It's ages since I sang in a decent choir. This is something that must be remedied, I think, before I become one of those warbly elderly ladies whom choirmasters agonise over sacking in a tactful fashion.

Tomorrow, for Good Friday, we will be treated to Bach's St John Passion , with the Choir of the Enlightenment and the Orchestra of the Age of the Enlightenment.

(You can catch all three concerts again for the next seven days.)

1 comment:

monix said...

Cor, you're getting really good at that Jackson Pollock thing!