Wednesday 30 July 2008

Romance on the Radio

An email today from Katie Hafner brought two extremely exciting bits of news about her excellent book, A Romance on Three Legs: Glenn Gould's Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Piano, which I reviewed here (and also held a prize draw for a review copy!):


First, her publishers, Bloomsbury, have decided to publish a UK edition , which will be available in the middle of August. You will see from the reviews on Amazon.com and also those linked here (where you can also read some pages from the book) how enthusiastically the book has been received in the US and in Canada. I'm convinced it will do really well over here, too.


Secondly (and this should really help to boost interest in the UK), Katie is over this side of the Pond at the moment and will be talking about the book on BBC Radio 4's Today Programme tomorrow (Thursday) morning sometime after 8.30 (I think, but best listen from about 8.15 or check the running order in the morning to be sure of catching her).




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog recently, and enjoy "dipping my toes in the mud" occasionally
Thanks for posting that piano piece, it gave me pause, and allowed me clear me desk!